There are 2 ways that grades can be added to the gradebook:
- Click the "Gradebook Setup" link in your Administration block on the left side of your course page.
- Click on the "Add grade item" button.
- Type a name for the item.
- Set the point value for the item in the Maximum grade box.
- If you already have categories created in your gradebook, you can select the correct one to place the item by clicking the "Show more" link and then selecting the category.
- Click the "Save Changes" button.
- You will see the new grade item listed in the Gradebook Setup page. You can move it to a different location by clicking the move icon next to its name.
- Each manual item can also be edited, deleted, or hidden by clicking the Edit link and then selecting the options there.