NOTE: There are 2 ways that grades can be added to the gradebook:
- Using manual grade items where grades can be entered directly by the instructor.
- Create graded activities or assignments that will transfer grades to the gradebook as those activities are graded. For example these features will automatically transfer grades to the gradebook:
- Rated Forums
- Upload File Assignments
This article describes the process for entering Manual Grade Items. For the process of adding and grading any Moodle activities or assignments, please see documentation for those particular features, since each has a separate manner of creation and grading.
To manually enter grades into your gradebook:
- Click on the Grades link in your Administration block on the left side of your course main page.
- This will open the Grader View page of the gradebook.
- Click the "Turn editing on" button in the upper right of the page.
- Type the grade number value in cells for each students' grade item.
- Click the "Save changes" button to submit the grades.
- The grades will then be saved to the spreadsheet and included in calculations for category and final grade totals.
Note: If you enter grades this way for automated grade items (such as quizzes, assignments, forums, etc.) this will trigger an override setting for that grade cell. This will be indicated by an orange highlight color. This will lock the grade from updating through the regular automated process for that graded activity.