In Moodle, users can subscribe and unsubscribe from individual forums or from particular discussions within forums.
To change your subscription mode for all forums:
- Click Forums under Activities block.
- Click Subscribe to all forums to receive email notifications, or click Unsubscribe from all forums if you do not want to receive email notifications.
To turn subscriptions off for a forum:
- Click Forums under Activities block. This will take you to a screen that lists all the forums (discussion boards) in the course.
- For the forums you are subscribed to, you will see a "Yes" button. To unsubscribe, click on the "Yes" button. It will change to "No" and you will no longer receive emails for posts in that forum.
To change your subscription mode for a discussion topic within a forum:
Click the forum in the Moodle course.
- To subscribe to a discussion topic, click dot icon to the right of the discussion name. The dot will change to an envelope icon.
- To unsubscribe from a discussion, click the envelope to the right of the discussion name. The envelope will change to a dot.
- Click a specific discussion topic within a forum.
- In the Administration block, click Subscribe to this discussion to subscribe or click Unsubscribe from this discussion to unsubscribe from.
To unsubscribe from a forum from an email notification you received:
There are unsubscribe links at the bottom of each email message you get from a forum that you are subscribed to.
- Click Unsubscribe from this forum (or Unsubscribe from this discussion). You will be sent to Moodle course to confirm your choice.
- Click Continue to unsubscribe.