If a grade needs to be excluded for a specific student, such as if they have an excused absense for a specific assignment, we can tell Moodle to exclude the specific grade item for that student.
1. In the Administration Block, click on Grades
2. Make sure you are on the Grader Report screen.
3. Click the Turn Editing On button in the upper right hand corner.
4. Locate the student and the grade item than needs to be excluded. Click on the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the cell of this grade item.
5. Locate the Excluded checkbox and check it.
6. Click on the blue Save Changes button