To turn on Completion Tracking:
1. In your Moodle Course, locate the Administration Block on the left side of the screen, and click on Edit Settings.
2. Locate the Completion Tracking heading and click on it. The prompt Enable completion tracking is set to "No" by default. Use the dropdown menu to switch this to "Yes."
3. Click on Save and Display at the bottom of this screen.
To Set Activity Completion for Course Components:
1. Turn Editing On in the course.
2. Locate a course component (a file, page, URL link, etc) and click Edit, then Edit Settings.
3. Scroll Down to the Activity Completion heading and click on it to see more.
4. There are several choices in the dropdown menu beside Completion Tracking.
- Choose Show Activity as Complete when conditions are met if you want students to perform some activity that will cause Moodle to automatically mark the activity complete. This is the preferred option. Activities that use this setting will have a dotted-line check box beside them.
- Choose Do Not Indicate Activity Completion, if you do not want this activity to have completion settings,
- Choose Students can manually mark the activity as completed if you want students to check items off one at a time manually. This is not usually recommended outside of specific circumstances. Activites that use this setting will have a solid-line checkbox beside them.
5. If using Show Activity as Complete when conditions are met, we must now define the conditions. This will depend on the type of activity:
6. Make sure to Save and Return to course when finished editing these settings.