You need to check the items on this checklist prior to each exam.
PLEASE NOTE: Time spent connecting to your proctor and completing the authentication process DOES NOT cut into your allotted exam time.
Before the Exam:
- Begin this checklist at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled proctoring appointment.
- Review exam details and instructions provided by your instructor.
- Have your ID available to show the proctor.
Check Your Tech
- Use an updated desktop or laptop computer running a current version of Windows or MacOS (no Chromebooks or mobile devices)
- Close/Disable all other programs that will not be used during the exam.
- Use an up-to-date Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser
- Ensure pop-up blocker on browser is disabled.
- Use high-speed, wired internet connection (no Wi-Fi or mobile Hot Spots).
- Have working webcam and mic (external or internal)
- Test Your Equipment by clicking the icon on your ProctorU dashboard.
Check Your Testing Environment
- Ensure you are alone in a secure room and will not be interrupted by others
- Turn off electronic/mobile devices, such as TVs, radios, tablets, and any other devices that will not be used for testing purposes
- Clear testing area (i.e. desk, table, etc.) of all materials except for those specifically permitted for the exam.
- Remove any non-religious headwear (e.g. hats, scarves, headphones, etc.)
Be prepared to:
- Show government issued photo ID.
- Perform a room scan using your webcam.
- Turn off and securely stow your smart phone.
During the Exam:
- Access ProctorU through the link provided by your instructor in Moodle
- Stay within the view of your webcam for the duration of the exam; the proctor must be able to see you at all times.
- If you are having trouble, ask your proctor for assistance, click the Chat Now button within your ProctorU account, or contact ProctorU Technical Support at 855-772-8678.
Return to Student ProctorU Resources