1. Log into your Moodle course, and click the URL the instructor has provided to upload your video. In the example below, the URL is named "Upload Your Persuasive Speech Video."
2. Close the settings screen that opens up by clicking the X in the upper right corner. This will take you to the Panopto Home Page.
3. Click on the folder icon that includes the word [assignments] in the name. In the example, the folder is named "Persuasive Speech [assignments]."
4. Click on the red Create button at the top left of this page. You can either record a new video or upload an existing video using the following instructions:
To Upload a Video:
A. Click Create and select Upload Media.
B. Either click and drag your video file into the upload area, or click inside the upload area to open File Explorer on your machine to select the correct video file.
C. When the upload is complete, close this window by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner.
To Record a New Video
A. From the Panopto Home Screen find the Create drop-down menu, select Panopto Capture.
B. The Panopto Capture tab will open in the current browser. Use the three large icons at the top to set up the recording:
- Audio controls the sound input settings.
- Video controls the webcam settings (if desired).
- Screens and Apps control any screen or application capture during the video.
- Each browser causes different interactions with these buttons, so play with them until you get the configuration you wish.
C. When ready to record, click the red circle button. When recording is done, click the same button (it will change to a red square during recording).
D. After recording, a new screen will appear.
E. Rename the video by highlighting the current name and typing in a new one. Hit enter on your keyboard when done typing.
F. When all changes have been made, and you see the message It is now safe to close this tab or Your video is ready, you can close the tab in your browser to return to the main Panopto Home Screen.