What is Auto-Linking?
Moodle 3.9 will automatically convert text that contains the name of a page, assignment, quiz, forum, etc. into a hyperlink to that activity.
In the image below, the text "Test 1" has been automatically hyperlinked to the Test 1 activity in Moodle.
To Turn off Auto-linking for the Entire Class
1. Click on the Menu button in your Moodle Course.
2. Click on Filters in the Administration Block
3. Locate the Activity Names Auto-linking filter. Use the dropdown menu to select Off.
4. Click the red Save Changes button.
To Turn Off Auto-Linking for Specific Text
To stop this auto-linking for a specific block of text, make sure you are in the Edit settings area for that text.
1. Click the Show More button in the left of the icon tray above the text editing area:
2. Click on the HTML button in the new set of buttons to view the HTML code for this page:
3. Locate the text in the HTML code area (you may need to do a CTRL+F search of the text to locate it)
4. Paste the following code in front of the text: <span class=nolink>
5. At the end of the text line, paste the following code: </span>
6. The resulting code should look similar to the image below:
7. Click on Save and the resulting text should no longer contain the hyperlink to the activity: