Content and activities can be imported from one semester's course into another by the following steps:
1. Locate your new semester course in Moodle. Click on the Menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen to open the slide-out menu.
2. Locate the Administration block and click on Import.
3. Enter the old course information into the search field and click the Search button.
- Courses should be entered as a code with course, number, section, and semester.
- An example is the code MATH105-001-202140, where MATH105 is the course and number, 001 is the section, and 202140 indicates the semester.
- The code can be copied directly from the old course Moodle page.
4. Click the checkbox beside the desired OLD course, and then click the Continue button.
5. If you are importing the entire course from the old semester course into the new semester course, click on the Jump to final step button and proceed to Step 8.
6. If you only want to import certain parts of the older semester course, click on the Next button.
7. The next screen will allow you to select/deselect the course components that will be imported into the new course from the old course.
When you are done selecting/deselecting items, click the red Next button.
8. Double-check the import settings, then click on the red Perform import button. The import will begin.
When is finished, click the Continue button to view the new course with all of the imported content.
9. View your course content to determine if all material was imported. If you are missing content at the end of your course, this could be that there are more than 20 sections (default). To increase the number of sections, go to Menu, Edit Settings.
10. Find Course Format, increase the number of sections to reflect the number of sections in your course. The missing sections should automatically appear.