There are 2 ways that grades can be added to the gradebook:
1. Create manual grade items where grades can be entered directly by the instructor.
2. Create graded activities or assignments that will transfer grades to the gradebook as those activities are graded, such as:
This article describes the process for creating Manual Grade Items. For the process of adding and grading any Moodle activities or assignments, please see the documentation for those particular features, since each has a separate manner of creation and grading.
Log into Learning Spaces for more information on the Gradebook.
1. Click on the three horizontal lines beside the word Menu in your Moodle Course:
2. Click on Gradebook setup in the Administration Block.
3. Click the Add Grade Item button at the bottom of the Gradebook Setup screen.
4. Type a name for this grade item in the Item name field.
5. In the Maximum grade field, enter the maximum number of points that this grade item is worth.
6. If you already have categories created in your gradebook, you can categorize this new grade item by clicking the Show more... link and then selecting the desired category.
7. When done, click the red Save changes button.
8. The new grade item will be listed in the Gradebook setup page. Read more about organizing items in the grade book.
Return to the Setup Gradebook main resource page for more information on other topics.