The Moodle Announcements Forum is created automatically within your course. You do not have to add it. Messages posted to this forum are also sent as emails to all course participants 30 minutes after the post is created.
Students cannot reply to posts in the Announcements forum
1. Click the Announcements forum link.
2. Click the Add a new topic button.
3. Add a title in the Subject field.
4. Enter the body of the post in the Message field.
5. Click the Post to forum button for the post to be send in 30 minutes.
6. If you need the post to go out immediately, click on Advanced.
7. Then, check the checkbox beside Send forum post notifications with no editing-time delay before clicking the Post to forum button.
Return to the Forum main resource page for more information on other topics.