Book is a multi-page resource that is formatted like a book, containing main chapters and subchapters. Using Book, you can keep the course main page neat and short.
This page shows you how to add a Book to your Moodle course.
1. On your Moodle course, click Turn editing on.
2. Click +Add an activity or resource in the section where you want to add a Book.
3. In the Add an activity or resource window, select Book. The Adding a new Book page will open.
4. On the Adding a new Book page, enter a Name (required) and Description (optional) for the book.
5. Select how you want Chapter numbering to display, and whether you want Custom titles of chapters displayed in a table of contents.
6. Click Save and return to course button. The Book will appear in the section to which it was added.
7. On the course main page, click the link for the book that you just created.
8. On the Add new chapter page, type a Chapter title, select whether it is a Subchapter and enter Content in the text editing box.
9. When you have entered all the content, click Save changes. The chapter content displays.
10. In the Table of contents block, click the Add new chapter icon (+) and repeat step 8 to add more chapters.
11. After creating all chapters and subchapters, you can click
- arrow icon to rearrange the order of the chapters
- gear icon to edit the chapter
- trash icon to delete the chapter
- eye icon to hide or show the chapter