1. On your Moodle course, click Turn editing on.
2. Click +Add an activity or resource in the section where you want to add a folder.
3. In the Add an activity or resource window, select Folder. The Adding a new Folder page will open.
5. In the Name field, provide a title for your folder (required) and add a brief description of the folder (optional) in the Description field.
6. Add files under the Content heading. You have two options to upload files to the folder.
Option 1: Click the file icon to add file, and/or click folder icon to create a folder and organize the files.
Option 2: Drag the files from your computer and drop them into the attachment area.
Note: To upload multiple files at once, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard (Windows), or the COMMAND key (MAC) as you select each of the files you wish to upload. Then drag the files into the attachment area.
If you have uploaded a .zip file to your folder, the next step is to unzip it. In the files area, click on the zip file icon.
A pop-up window for the file will open. Click Unzip. The pop-up window will close and the original files will appear along with the .zip file in the Files area.
Note: You can delete the zip file, or leave it in the folder to allow students to download all the files at once to unzip on their own computers. To delete it, click the .zip file icon again and then click Delete (at top) in the pop-up window. Click OK to confirm the deletion. The pop-up window will close and the .zip file will be removed.
7. Select how you want the folder contents display from the Display folder contents drop-down menu. choose either On a separate page or Inline on a course page.
8. Click Save and return to course. The folder will appear in the section to which it was added.