The Edit Quiz screen
1. The first time a quiz is created, click Save and Display to be taken to a screen with the Edit quiz button, which allows you to add questions from the question bank and set the maximum grade for the quiz.
2. The Edit quiz screen is also available by clicking on a Quiz activity and then locating it in the Administration block.
Once in the Edit Quiz screen, type the Maximum grade for the quiz and click the Save button.
Add Specific Questions
1. Click the word Add.
2. We recommend NOT selecting +a new question. Instead, select +from question bank.
3. Select a Category that contains the desired questions.
4. Select the box beside the letter "T" to select all questions in this category, or select the individual questions you want to use.
5. Click the Add selected questions to the quiz button.
Add Random Questions
Moodle can pull a certain number of questions from a single category randomly.
1. Click the word Add and select +a random question.
2. Select the Category that the random questions will be taken from.
3. Select the number of random questions to be pulled from this category.
Note: this number must be less than or equal to the total number of questions in the category.
4. Click the Add random question button. Random questions are indicated with a six-sided die icon.
Other Quiz Options
- moving questions
- removing questions
- weighting questions
- controlling question shuffling
- using section headings
Return to the Quiz main resource page for more information on other topics.