Using Activity Completion settings, an instructor can decide what (if any) criteria must be met for a Assignment to be marked complete.
1. Go to the Edit Settings menu for the Assignment.
2. Locate and click on the Activity Completion heading.
3. In the Completion Tracking dropdown, select one of three options:
- Do not indicate activity completion: no indication will be provided
- Students can manually mark the activity as complete: indicated with a solid-line square on the main page. Students must click this square to complete the activity.
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met: indicated with a dashed-line square on the main page. The instructor must set up specific criteria based upon student activity within the Assignment to complete the activity.
4. If Show activity as complete when conditions are met is selected, a series of options will appear.
5. Click the checkbox beside any conditions students should meet. Students will be required to meet ALL selected conditions for the activity to be marked complete.
- Require View: the student must simply click on the Assignment.
- Require Grade: the assignment will not be marked complete until the instructor has issued a grade.
- The third option requires that students submit to the assignment to have it marked complete.
6. When done, click the red Save and Return to Course or Save and Display button.
Return to the Assignments resource page for more information on other topics.