A Millionaire Activity mimics the television game show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"
Students answer Multiple Choice Questions to achieve the highest score possible. If one question is answered incorrectly, the game is immediately over.
Because is one of the only Game types to use Multiple Choice Questions, the Millionaire game is useful to drill both higher and lower-order learning in a repetitive manner. It is most effective by using a large bank of questions and allowing students to re-play a large number of times.
To Add a Millionaire Activity:
1. Click the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Click on +Add an activity or resource in the lower right-hand corner of any Module.
3. From the menu that will open, select Game - Millionaire.
4. In the Name field, enter the activity name that students will see on the main Moodle page.
5. In the Source of Questions dropdown, select the source of the words and clues for the crossword game. There are two options:
- Questions (must be Multiple Choice)
- Quiz (must be composed of Multiple Choice questions)
6. Based upon your choice for the Source of questions, select the pre-existing question category or quiz below this choice.
5. In the Maximum number of attempts field, enter how many attempts each student will have. If left blank, students will have unlimited attempts.
6. Click the Grade heading.
- Locate and fill in the Maximum Grade field.
- The default maximum grade is 100.
- Enter zero (0) to prevent the millionaire activity from appearing in the gradebook for ungraded practice.
7. When finished, click one of the red Save buttons.