Any student that does not participate in a graded Moodle activity, such as a Quiz, Forum, Assignment, etc. will need to receive a grade of zero (0) for the grade book to calculate their overall grade correctly.
To insert zero grades for non-participants:
1. In your Moodle course, click on the Menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen to open the slide-out menu.
2. Click Gradebook Setup in the Administration block.
3. In the navigation tabs at top, click on the View tab and click on the Single View tab.
4. Use the Select Grade Item... dropdown to select the grade item that needs zero grades inserted for non-participants.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
6. Click the checkbox titled Perform bulk insert. This will ensure that empty grades will have a 0 value inserted in their place.
7. Click the black Save button in the lower left-hand side of the page.
8. Repeat this process until all grade items have zero grades for non-participating students.
Return to the Setup Gradebook main resource page for more information on other topics.