Watch assignments require students to watch a VoiceThread from start to finish.
- Non-interactive lecture delivery
- Compliance and training
Keep reading the details about how to set up this type of assignment.
1. Click on the VoiceThread link that you created in Step 1
2. Click Assignment Builder..
Click Watch, then click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
Select a VoiceThread you want to use for this assignment. Students will be required to watch 100% of all slides and comments. To use an existing VoiceThread, select from any of the ones you have created, and click Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
If you haven't created the VoiceThread you want to use yet, click on Create a new VoiceThread in the top-right corner. This will take you to the create page, where you can upload new media and add comments.
1. Configure Playback options:
- Start playing when opened: The comments on your VoiceThread will begin playing automatically when people first open it.
- When final comment on a slide has played, automatically advance to the next slide after: When the VoiceThread is in play mode, it will play through all of the comments on a slide and then move to the next slide automatically. The number of seconds is the pause time before the slide advances.
2. Configure Permissions options:
- Allow download: Allow students to download the media from the VoiceThreads their classmates create.
- Allow students to make a copy: Allow students to make a copy of other's VoiceThreads.
4. Click Continue button at the bottom of the screen when you're done.
Set the final details for your assignment
- Assignment instructions: The instruction will appear on the right-hand side of the student’s view. Tell them more about what you expect from them here.
- Message shown to student after they submit: Customize the message students see after they’ve submitted their VoiceThread.
- Start date: Students will not be able to view the assignment until the start date/time. If you want it to be open immediately, leave this blank.
- Due date: Students will not be able to submit after this date. If you want the assignment to be open indefinitely, leave this blank.
- Allow students to view assignment after submitting: If you don’t want students to be able to see the work they’ve submitted, uncheck this box. If you want them to see their work so you can record feedback on it, leave it checked.
Click Publish button at the bottom of the screen when you're done.
Return to the Faculty VoiceThread Resources page for more information on other topics.