Follow the steps to add Turnitin to your Moodle course.
1. Log into your Moodle course, Turn Editing on.
2. Add an Activity or Resource and locate Turnitin Assignment 2.
3. Give the assignment a Name, use Summary to add detailed instructions. Select Display description on course page (if applicable).
4. Submission type. Select the type of submission. If selecting File Upload, we recommend students submit a pdf file.
5. Number of parts. This section allows for multi-part assignments with different grade values. Individual users may submit one piece of work to each part.
6. Select Maximum file size (if applicable).
7. Review the remaining General Settings and make changes as needed.
7. Set the grade setting in both the Grade section and Assignment Part 1 section.
Note: if using multiple parts, each part must add up to the total grade section.
8. Start Date: when students can see the assignment.
Due date: is the deadline to complete the assignment.
Post date: when the grades and feedback will appear.
Note: it is important to set the post date prior to the due date if you want to students to see feedback before the due date.
Originality Report Options
9. Allow Submissions after the Due Date. If Yes is selected, you will see that the submission was turned in late.
10. Report Generation Speed. Select the best option.
11. Change Store Student Papers to none to prevent students papers from being stored in the Turnitin Database. Review the remaining options and select all that apply.
12. Review the GradeMark options and select all that apply. See Rubric Manager (if applicable)
13. Review the remaining options. When complete, Save and Return to Course.
Continue to Grade Turnitin Assignments