At the conclusion of each semester, academic courses in Moodle are automatically hidden from student's view. However, the course instructor can assign the Incomplete Student role to a student to give that student access to a Moodle course that has been hidden from other students in order to finish incomplete work.
Please follow the steps below in order to assign the Incomplete Student role to an individual student.
1. In your Moodle course, click on the Menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen to open the slide-out menu.
2. Click on Users and click Enrolled users in the Administration block.
3. On the Participants page, locate the desired user in the list. Click on the pencil icon to the right of their current role.
5. Select Incomplete Student from the drop-down menu and click the Save (diskette) icon.
The student will now be able to see and access your course even if it is hidden from other students.
Important Note: Once the student has completed the necessary course work, you will need to remove this Incomplete Student role. To do this:
1. Follow steps 1-4 above.
2. Click the X to the left of the Incomplete Student role.
3. Click the Save icon.
Please note that faculty normally have until the resignation date of the following regular semester to change Incomplete (“I”) student grades; after this date, “I” grades automatically change to “F”. For more information, please visit the registrar’s webpage Change an Incomplete (I) Grade.