An instructor can issue grades for Forum posts and replies for a single student at a time posts by using the Whole Forum Grading function with a Grading Guide.
1. Go to the Edit Settings menu for the Forum that needs to be graded.
5. In the Grading Method field, select Grading Guide.
6. When finished, click Save and Display to see the Grading Guide Options (also available in Advanced Grading in the Administration block, see Step 15).
7. Click Define new grading form from scratch.
8. Enter a Name for your Grading Guide.
9. To add individual grading criteria, scroll to the bottom of this page and click + Add criterion.
10. Fill in the following fields by clicking on the text "Click to Edit":
- Top Blank: Enter a Name for the new grading criterion.
- Description for students: Enter the text students will see in relation to this grading criterion.
- Description for Graders: Enter the text that only instructors will see to help make grading more efficient.
- Maximum Score: Enter the point value for this criterion. The maximum score for all criterion MUST add up to the Maximum Grade set up in Step 4.
11. Repeat this process for as many grading criterion as needed.
12. If desired, you can also include frequently used comments to increase grading efficiency. Click on +Add frequently used comment.
13. Enter the comment text in the blank provided. Repeat this process to create as many comments as needed.
14. When done, click Save Grading Guide and Make It Ready.
15. If you need to edit the Grading Guide at a later date, visit the Edit Settings page for the Forum and click on Advanced Grading in the Administration block.
Once students have completed the Forum activity, proceed to Grade Forums with Grading Guide.