After you have Set up a Grading Guide for an Assignment, it can be used to issue grades and feedback.
Make sure to issue a zero grade to students that do not submit to the Assignment, so their overall grades will calculate correctly.
Click on the Assignment link from the main Moodle page, and select either View all submissions or Grade.
View all submissions
- This view allows the instructor to see all students and all submissions on the same screen.
- Quick grading on this screen is not available when using a Grading Guide.
The Grade button may be clicked from the Assignment page or the View all Submissions page. Within the Grade screen there are several key areas to consider:
- The student's name appears at the top of the page.
- On the left-hand side of the screen is a preview of the student's submission (if PDF was used).
- The annotation tools may be used to annotate the submission and provide feedback or point out important details. Students can later download the annotations.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, locate the grading and feedback region.
- Starting from the top, the student's submission can be downloaded, if desired.
- Next, use the Grading Guide to provide a grade and remarks for each criterion.
- Next, enter feedback text if Feedback comments are enabled.
- Finally, upload any feedback documents if Feedback files are enabled.
When finished, click Save changes or Save and show next to proceed to the next student.
Another way to select the next student to grade is by using the Change uer dropdown in the top left area. Students with ungraded submissions are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Or, use the left and right arrows to move through the student roster.
Return to the Assignments resource page for more information on other topics.