These steps will allow you to create a URL Resource in your Moodle course that students can click on to upload video files into Panopto for an assignment.
Creating the Assignments Folder:
1. Log into the Moodle course and scroll down to the Panopto Block.
2. Under Links, click on Course Settings.
3. The first page is always the Settings page. Just click the X in the upper right corner to close this page and show the Panopto Home Screen.
- The Panopto Home Screen is similar to any File/Folder organization system.
- Normally, the instructor is the only person who can access this screen.
- We will now create a Subfolder within the Course Folder so that students will have a place to upload their videos.
4. Click on the Add Folder icon (surrounded by a dotted line).
5. Type in the Name of the Assignment as the name of this new folder and press the Enter key on the keyboard. In the example below, the assignment is named Persuasive Speech.
6. Click on the folder button that you've just named to open it.
7. Once in the newly created folder, locate and click on the gear icon on the far right of the screen. This will open the folder's setting window.
8. Make sure that Overview is highlighted on the left, and then click on the blue Create Assignments Folder link in the center of this window.
9. Click the X in the upper right-hand corner of the folder settings window to close it.
10. You'll notice a new subfolder has appeared with the same name that includes the word [assignments].
Sharing a Link in Moodle
1. Click on the Up-Arrow button to return to leave the [assignments] subfolder and return to the new folder you originally added at the beginning of this process.
2. Again, click on the gear icon to open the folder's settings window.
3. This time, click the word Share on the left.
4. Under the Link heading Link, click on the URL and copy it.
5. Go into the Moodle course where this video should appear. Click on Turn Editing On in the upper right corner of the Moodle Course page.
Instructions for Students
After following the steps above, students will see the URL and click on it to access Panopto.
Click here to access instructions for students to use Panopto to upload video content with the class. Feel free to share these instructions with your class.