There are four total ways to provide grades to students on a Forum Activity. Read through the choices and select the one that best suits your needs:
Make sure to issue a zero grade to students that do not submit to the Forum, so their overall grades will calculate correctly.
1. Ratings: this method requires the instructor to scroll through each post in a discussion forum and provide a grade.
2. Whole Forum Grading: this method allows the instructor to view posts and provide grades and feedback to one student at a time, rather than having to scroll through the entire discussion. There are three ways to grade using Whole Forum Grading:
- Simple Direct Grading: the instructor can type in a grade for each student.
- Grading Guide: the instructor uses a set of generalized criteria to provide grades within a set range.
- Rubric: the instructor uses a rigid set of criteria to provide pre-set point values.
Return to the Forum main resource page for more information on other topics.